13 Jul Encouragement
I want to take a moment to encourage you today. I know you are fighting a battle with something in your life. It might be temptation, or illness, or maybe it just seems like nothing is going right. But it will get better. You will persevere and thrive. I’m positive!
God helps us cope with trials by offering us encouragement. Here are some messages of Encouragement from His Word:
- Psalm 31:24 says, “Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD.”
- Proverbs 18:10 tells us, “The name of the LORD is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.”
- He tells us in Joshua 1:9, “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
- In Isaiah 43:2 He assures us, “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.”
- We are called to praise Him for His comfort in 2 Corinthians 1:3-4, “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.”
- In John 14:27 we read, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
God’s Word offers us unending encouragement, but it is not our only source of solace and comfort. We are also called to encourage one another (1 Thes. 5:11). So today, even as you may be struggling, take a moment to offer encouragement to another person. If you can’t find your own words of encouragement, share some from His Word! Working together we can create a community of encouragement!