24 Feb The Power of Hope
God tells us in His word that having faith in Him will see us through even the greatest of trails. He doesn’t promise there will be no trails. In fact, a study of Scripture gives examples of the troubles we may face, shows how others have responded to those trials, and most importantly gives us HOPE that God will faithfully walk with us through even the darkest times.
When we respond in faith, accepting the Hope and Peace only He can give us, we become an example to others of God’s Love for all humankind. Scripture promises us certain rewards when we accept His Hope and share it with others.
• We are promised the perseverance, character, and hope that comes from the indwelling Holy Spirit. (Rom. 5:3-5).
• We are able to witness the greatness of Christ’s glory as He walks with us and shields us, resulting in a joy that shines out from us like a beacon, drawing others close to Him. (1 Peter 4:12-13)
• We become stronger because we have allowed God to work through our weaknesses. (2 Cor. 12:9-10)
• Through our faith, we are promised a heavenly reward. (Matt. 5:11–12)
• Most amazing of all is the promise of abiding with Jesus forever! (2 Tim. 2:11–12a)
Jesus has told us that He will not permit us to be overwhelmed. He will grant us grace to be overcomers! That is the power of HOPE!