16 Jul You Matter to God!
There is a lot going on in our community and our country right now. We are facing large issues: pandemic, racism, riots and protests, government decisions that keep businesses from operating and require us to stay home, and decisions made for the safety of those around us. When dealing with so many big issues, it’s easy for us as individuals to feel forgotten, insignificant, or not as important. I have an important message for you today. You Matter to God! You are valuable, loved, cherished, and most importantly you are His beloved child whom He loves with His entire being.
It can be an easy thing to get so caught up in worldly issues and problems that we forget we aren’t alone. The Lord is ALWAYS with us. When we lose sight of that, doubt creeps in and we find it more and more difficult to believe He can love us the way He does.
We start cataloging our failures and weaknesses and that gives the enemy a handhold into our lives.
As a Follower of Jesus, I want you to take comfort in the FACT that God chose YOU. He accepts you. He wants to be part of your life.
Romans 8:15b-17 says, “The Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.”
You are God’s heir—You are His privileged, much loved child.
• “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”(Psalm 34:18)
• “I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.” (Psalm 40:1-3a)
• “The Lord appeared to us … saying: ‘I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.’” (Jeremiah 31:3)
• “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8)
• “Neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:38-39)
• “See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God.” (1 John 3:1)
Life may not always be easy. In fact, some days it gets downright difficult. But the most important truth you can hold in your heart is that You Matter to God.